- To provide information, emotional support and other assistance to families in Alberta affected by Rett Syndrome.
- Promote public and professional awareness and understanding of Rett Syndrome by collecting and disseminating accurate and objective information describing diagnosis, research, causes, therapies, treatments and other pertinent aspects of this disorder.
- Encourage and support research directed towards the understanding, early diagnosis, intervention, with treatment and eventual cure, of Rett Syndrome and related or similar medical conditions.
- Encourage and support community care for individuals with Rett Syndrome in accordance with the needs and requirements of regional and local groups or parents.
- Maintain an organizational structure aiding the achievement of specific goals agreed to within local chapters of members by uniting the efforts of the interested parents and friends.
- Solicit, receive and distribute funds or property for the accomplishment of the above purposes.
- Work cooperatively with other organizations, domestic and international, that have compatible objectives.
What we hope for our future:
- Create an Alberta wide group that will provide support and nurture relationships for those effected by Rett Syndrome.
- Provide our members with valuable information through educational seminars and workshops
- Promote local and regional events for families
- Build strong allegiances with other Provincial Rett Associations to collectively fund national initatives